If you are considering refinancing your mortgage, now may be the perfect time. Rates are at an all-time low, which is one of many great reasons to refinance your mortgage. This not only allows you to take advantage of substantial savings on your home loan, but also to put yourself in a better financial position in the future. But is now the right time for you to refinance?
While many homeowners can benefit from a mortgage refinance, for some it may not be the right situation. Savvy homeowners know that there are some things to consider when thinking about refinancing a Midwest home mortgage – such as the fees and closing costs versus the actual savings, your lifestyle, and especially your budget.
Here are some tips from the professionals at Mid America Mortgage so you can properly access your home mortgage and see if now is the perfect time to consider a mortgage refinance.
Top 6 Reasons to Refinance Your Mortgage
- Higher Interest Rate Than Current Rates – The most popular reason to refinance a mortgage is to get a better interest rate. That’s a no brainer for sure! It saves you money and makes your mortgage more affordable.
- Get Out of Debt – A cash-out refinance allows a homeowner to use the equity in the home to borrow money. This extra money can be used to upgrade or repair the home or to pay for expenses like credit card debt, education, or medical fees when needed.
- Get Rid of Costly PMI – Since home prices are on the rise, there is a good chance the value of your home has increased. The extra gained equity allows those who are required to have private mortgage insurance (PMI) by their FHA loan can drop this costly expense once you have 20% equity in the home – saving you hundreds each month.
- FHA Loan – Those with an FHA loan can refinance and get a conventional mortgage, which does not require mortgage insurance and typically offers lower rates.
- Increase in Credit Score – If your credit score has recently improved, refinancing can often fetch a better interest rate which can save you thousands of dollars in loan costs over the years.
- Increase in Home Value – When the value of your home has risen significantly, there are always benefits to refinancing when rates are low. It is always good to have extra money put aside, and this gives you an excellent opportunity to take advantage of this situation.
Types of Mortgage Refinance Programs
- Rate-and-Term Refinance – One of the most popular reasons to refinance your mortgage is to get a better rate and/or loan term. Lowering your interest rate can decrease monthly payments while lowering your loan term to 15 years versus 30 can save thousands in interest charges.
- Cash Out Refinance – When you do a cash out refinance, you are able to liquidate some of your home’s equity. This allows you to get your hands on some extra cash and finance a new loan that includes the balance of your previous mortgage balance and the cash you withdrew.
- Home Equity Loans – Home equity loans are popular for those who have built substantial equity in their homes. This type of refi is a good idea if funds are used to make improvements on your home or you use the money to consolidate debt at a better interest rate.
- Streamline Refinance – The Federal Housing Authority offers the Streamline Refinance program that allows borrowers to quickly refinance an existing FHA loan with a lower rate. The perk of this program is that it lets homeowners avoid the mounds of paperwork often involved with a loan or refinance and also is usually done without an appraisal – saving time and money.
Is Now the Right Time to Refinance Your Mortgage?
Refinancing the mortgage on your home can make sound financial sense. If you are considering a mortgage at this time, the team at Mid America Mortgage is here for you.
From explaining the different types of mortgage refinance programs to helping you get the best rates – our experienced team of mortgage professionals can help you make the best decision for your situation.
Contact us today to get the mortgage refinance advice you can count on. You can call Mid America Mortgage at 573-875-1100!