- Avoid doing business with a lender that you never get to meet.
- Never provide your personal identification over the Internet to an unknown entity.
- Lenders who are unable to communicate with you, and don’t have the time to answer your questions.
- Lenders who pressure you to make a decision without giving you all the options available to you.
- Lenders who seem more concerned with their profit margin than helping you choose the mortgage program that is right for you.
- Going with a lender without shopping around for rates and costs.
- Lenders who have excessive closing costs.
- Lenders who push you to borrow outside of your budget/comfort zone.