If you are thinking about selling your Missouri home, now is a great time. The real estate market is competitive, so it’s a seller’s market for sure. Once you decide you want to list the home for sale, it’s time to spruce things up a bit so that you can sell your home quickly…and for the most money.
There are certain things you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers and help it sell faster. The key is to give your home as much curb appeal as you can to make it as welcoming as possible to potential home buyers.
Getting their attention from the outside of the home by sprucing things up a bit can spark enough interest for them to want to take a private tour of the inside of the home. Here are some helpful tips to prepare your Missouri home for sale to get it sold as soon as possible and for top dollar.
Tips to Prepare Your Home for Sale
- Start with Curb Appeal – Since the yard and front of your home gives the first impression, it’s important to give it attention. Start with mowing the lawn and trimming trees and plants. Ensure gutters are clean, windows and screens are washed, and house siding, decks, and fences are clean, and power washed. You may even want to consider a new mailbox and colorful plants for extra appeal as they approach the home.
- Paint a Neutral Scene – One of the least expensive updates you can do to your home for sale is to paint the walls a neutral color. Choosing a light color such as gray or tan will brighten up the room and also deflect from slight imperfections. A neutral color is a good choice because it will fit the preference of more potential homebuyers.
- Get Rid of Clutter – Not only does the removal of excess personal items and decorations prepare you for the big move when it’s time, but it also makes your home look bigger to prospective buyers. Remove furniture to give a room extra space, clean out a closet to spotlight how much storage it provides, and pack up and store extra items so your home looks as big and organized as possible.
- Pre-Inspection – It’s a savvy idea to go ahead and have your home inspected by a professional home inspector in Missouri before the showings start to take care of any issues that might deter a buyer. Taking the time to resolve these minor problems now will ensure the sale and closing of your home goes well.
- Just Prior to Showing – When a potential home buyer is on their way to see your home, it’s a good idea to open window shades and curtains to let sunlight in, make sure the home is a comfortable temperature, turn on all the lights, turn off any appliances that may be a distraction like a dishwasher or washing machine, and spray air freshener or burn a candle for a fresh smell.
Selling a home is an exciting adventure but buying a new one is even more fun! Mid-America Mortgage is here to help you every step of the way with financing for your next home. Our goal is to help you make your financial goals a reality. Once you have your Missouri home listed for sale, be sure to contact Mid-America Mortgage to get pre-approved for financing for your new home, so you can get started on your hunt for the home of your dreams!